Any Question? Call Us now:

Child Migrants

What is Child Migration?

Child migration or children mobility literally means the movement of people or individual whose age limit is less than 3 years to 18 years. it involves movement within or across the political borders; with or without their parents or a legal guardian to another country or region. It may require the legal travel documents but you can travel without these too.



The visa is for the child who is applying outside Australia.
It should be sponsored by an eligible parent.


One of the parent of the child must be an Australian citizen.
Or he/she may be the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa.
Or the parent is an eligible New Zealand citizen.

Get in Touch with Us
Speak with your Migration Agent in Adelaide


This is a type of permanent residence visa which let you do the following:

  • It allows the child to travel and stay in Australia for an indefinite period of time.
  • It allows the child to work and study in Australia.
  • It helps you to avail Medicare allowances, which let the child get health-related care and expenses.
  • It let the child apply for Australian citizenship or the PR.
  • It also sponsors the eligible relatives of the child for permanent residence.
  • It lets the child travel to and from Australia for a span of five years from the date the visa is granted. After that time, an another visa is required to enter in Australia.

For more help and better assistance, do feel free to contact Immigration lawyer Adelaide.


Subclass 101: This subclass lets an eligible parent to sponsor their child to live in Australia for an indefinite time span. If the age of the child is less than 18 years, then the parents are also eligible to apply on behalf of a child.

In the case of Adopted children:

If you want to adopt a child from outside Australia, then you need to apply for an Adoption visa on behalf of the child which comes under subclass 102.
An adopted child can also be granted a Child visa under subclass 101, if they were adopted before the eligible parent became the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa, an Australian citizen, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Children who take birth in Australia automatically become the Australian citizen if one of his/her parents is an Australian citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa. In this case, you do not require any other visa to live in Australia.

Children born outside Australia:

The child born outside Australia have to apply for a permanent visa to live in Australia in case both the parents are nonresidents of Australia.
He/she also need to apply for Australian citizenship in case one of the parents is an Australian citizen.


The cost or the expenses may vary and depend upon different circumstances but you need to pay some sort of extra cost too related to the costs of health assessments, police certificates, or any other certificates or tests.

For more details regarding child migration scheme Australia, you need to contact a suitable Immigration lawyer Adelaide.

Enquire Now
Call Us Now