What is 186 Visa for migrating to Australia?
The subclass 186 employer nominated permanent resident visa for migration to Australia, has the following features:
- It is a visa for permanent residence only for skilled employees nominated by their employers.
- Australian employers are permitted to nominate skilled foreign employees to work in Australia on a subclass 186 permanent residence visa, under the Employer Nomination Scheme or ENS.
- To apply for this visa, there are primarily two processes: a nomination by an Australian employer and a visa application by a foreign skilled worker.
- Applicants can be living in or outside Australia while applying for the 186 Visa.
- Applicants must have a valid visa or a bridging visa A, B, or C when applying for the 186 Visa while living in Australia.
How long does it take to become a 186 Visa holder?
According to department of immigration of Australia, the average time for processing 186 Visa is 6 months from the time of application. Approximately 75% of all 186 Visa applications are processed within 6 months and you can receive a decision, else request for additional information to the case officer.
However, 6 months isn’t a fixed time frame. This time varies on a variety of factors. Make sure all the relevant documents, health reports and police certificates are submitted properly. There are instances when applications get approved within two weeks too! It all depends upon the workload of the migration officers and how perfect your nomination and application are.
The nomination and Visa application can be both submitted together, but to be on the safe side about your employer’s 457 sponsorship obligation, lodge the nomination first, followed by the application once the nomination gets approved. This also delays the process but it makes sure the process takes place properly.
Thus, to prevent delays owing to application faults, it is always advisable to seek help of migration agents like Adelaide Migration Agent, who have handled such cases since years now, and will help you sail you through the process smoothly, starting from analyzing your Visa holding possibilities to helping you get the necessary nominations, documents and qualifications to finally get a successful 186 Visa. Contact Adelaide Migration Agent now for free consultation!