Australia is a nation with full of opportunities. A number of students want to continue their stay in Australia after finishing their graduation from there. By applying for the temporary graduate visa 485, these students can continue staying in the country lawfully. With this visa, students can find a suitable job, obtain beneficial skills and upgrade their English language proficiency. Today’s write-up aims at giving you a clear idea about the 485 graduate visa in the fewest words possible.
The 485 visa subclass consists of two separate streams. These include the post-study work stream and graduate work stream. Given below is a brief introduction to each of these visa streams.
• Graduate Work stream: This visa stream is designed for international students who have recently graduated with some special qualifications and skills. In this context, you must attain a trade certificate or diploma in a substantial sector. This sector must form an imperative part of the Australian Skilled Occupations List. With this visa stream you can stay in Australia for 18 months.
• Post-Study Work stream: Offshore learners who have recently graduated from an Australian college/university can apply for this visa stream. The qualification you have attained must be a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree registered under the CRICOS. With this visa stream you can stay in Australia between 2 to 4 years. The duration varies according to the current qualification of the applicant.
So, before you apply for the graduate visa 485 you must evaluate your individual circumstances first. Accordingly, you must choose a visa stream which you consider the most appropriate.
Both for the PSWS stream and GWS there are some basic eligibility criteria which the applicant must meet indispensably. Let’s take a look at each of these criteria which have been outlined below.
You should be less than 50 years of age to apply for the 485 visa subclass.
2. Minimum Stay Duration on Graduate Work stream
To apply for this visa you must have completed your course by staying in Australia for 16 months. This criterion will apply both to the GWS and PSWS.
3. Minimum Course Length
The minimum duration of your academic program should at least be two years and not less. This again must equal to a period of 92 weeks. This requirement will apply both to the PSWS and GSW.
4. Academic Requirements
When it comes to the PSWS you should have studied under a CRICOS education provider. In case of the GWS, you must nominate a valid occupation which best suits your current skills and qualifications. The occupation must be included in the (MLTSSL) or Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List. Aside that, you must prove your skills and qualifications to the Australian immigration department as well. To do this, you should qualify in the pertinent skills assessment test conducted by a valid skills assessment authority.
As an applicant, you must also prove that you are optimally skilled in English. So, make sure you qualify in any of the following English language tests with the desired score
• Cambridge C1 advanced test: You must secure a score of 154 in each of the four areas of English. Besides, you must obtain a score of 169 altogether to crack this English language test effectively.
• Occupational English Test: A gradation of B is required in each of the sections of English to qualify in this English exam.
• PTE Academic: You must attain a score of 36 in each of the four areas of English. The total score you must obtain to crack this English test is 50.
• TOEFL iBT: This test requires you to obtain a sore of 14 for speaking and writing and 4 for reading and listening. You should obtain a total score of 64 to pass this test successfully.
• IELTS: IELTS is considered the most prominent English language test irrespective of the candidate’s intellect. The total score for this test should be 6 and 5 in each of the four parts of English.
You will get an exemption from the English language if you belong to certain nations. These include Ireland, New Zealand, Canada, USA and UK.
The 485 visa processing time depends entirely on the visa stream for which you have applied. Each of the visa streams offers a different processing time. So, let’s take a quick look at that.
1. Graduate Work stream
75% of the applications get processed within four months. Similarly, 90% of the applications get processed within a period of five months.
2. Post-Study Work stream
The PSWS stream of the 485 graduate visa offers the same processing time. This implies that 75% of the applications get processed within four months. In the same way, 90% of the applications get processed within five months.
Both the visa streams require you to pay the same amount of fees. According to this, you need to pay AUD1, 650 to the Australian immigration department.
The 485 graduate visa also lets you bring your family members along with you. This privilege applies both to the PSWS and GWS of this visa.
Appoint a top-notch Immigration Agent Adelaide!
To apply for graduate visa 485, you must seek the matchless assistance of a Migration Agent Adelaide imperatively. Your immigration agent Adelaide will evaluate you individual circumstances painstakingly first. Followed by this, he/she will suggest you the most compatible visa stream. Ultimately, your migration consultant Adelaide will ascertain a faultless visa application for you.
(Please fill the details below)