For international individuals who want to migrate to another country, Australia has been one of the most popular choices over many years. From a better quality of life to a secure job environment and beautiful places to a diverse cultural society, Australia has many things to offer.
If you want to stay in a regional area of Australia for the rest of your life, applying for the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 can be an effective option. The 887 Visa Australia is a permanent residency visa, which allows an applicant to stay permanently in-country and apply for Australian citizenship after a few years. In this blog, we present a detailed account of the visa, which you may find helpful.
What Does This Subclass 887 Permit You to Do in Australia?
Once the Australian Department of Home Affairs approves your Visa Subclass 887 application, you can benefit in several ways.
- We have mentioned that this visa is a permanent residency visa. So, you can reside here for an indefinite time. Besides that, you can also work and study in Australia with no imposed restrictions. As an Australian PR, you can enjoy most of the basic rights as Australian citizens.
- If your relatives or close family members want to come to this country, you can sponsor their temporary and permanent visa applications.
- After some years, you can become eligible to apply for Australian citizenship. Medicare is the national health care scheme granted to Australian citizens. However, once you receive your permanent residency visa, you can also apply for it. Medicare reduces the treatment costs at public hospitals by a significant amount.
- This visa also provides an opportunity to you to fulfill your dreams to enjoy traveling across this beautiful country. You can visit different Australian places unlimited five years from the Skilled Regional Visa 887 grant date.
Another reason why people choose to stay in Australia permanently is that it is one of the most peaceful places on Earth. So, your decision to permanently live here will undoubtedly be a brilliant one.
Read More – List Of All Skilled Visas Which Lead To Australian PR
Required Documents For The Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887
While making the application for the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887, you have to submit a complete set of documents. These documents will be proof of satisfying all the 887 Visa requirements. Therefore, you should take great care while submitting them. Here is the detailed list of what you need to submit.
- First of all, you will need your passport, without which you will not be able to apply for your visa. Hence, you should make sure that your passport is updated. You will need to submit copies of your passport bio-data pages.
- In addition to your passport, other identity documents are also required. If you have a national identity card, submit a copy of that. If you have changed your name, necessary documents should be provided at the time of application.
- This is a visa granted to individuals who want to stay and work permanently in a regional area. To be eligible, you must provide relevant evidence to show that you have worked full-time in a designated regional or a low-growth population area. But full-time work, we usually refer to work for at least 35 hours a week.
- For your 887 Visa, you should also provide residential proof. It should confirm that you have lived in a regional area for at least 2 years on a temporary work visa. Documents like utility bills, lease contract papers should be submitted.
- English is the working language of Australia. Therefore, having a minimum functional English language skill is mandatory. Results of any valid English test will be enough.
- Your character documents will include clearance certificates and filled-out forms 80 and 1221.
This visa allows a person to include the partner or spouse and dependent children. For your partner, the documents you will need to submit will consist of:
- Identity document
- Marriage certificate
- Relationship proof (if any)
- Character documents
For children under 18, the documents will include:
- Birth certificate
- The family book containing the names of both parents (if the birth certificate is not available)
- Parental consent document (form no. 1229)
- Statutory declaration
If your children have crossed 18, you will need to provide:
- Identity documents
- Proof of dependency
- Relationship proof
Eligibility Criteria For The 887 Visa
As you have now knowledge of the 887 Visa checklist, you can easily understand the eligibility criteria. First, let us discuss the basic eligibility criteria.
- Before making the application, you should have worked in a designated regional area in Australia for at least 12 months. In addition, you should have lived there for at least 2 years.
- Before applying for this Skilled Visa, you should have held another Australian visa. Eligible visas include Subclasses 487, 475, 489, 496, and 495. Alternatively, if you hold a Bridging Visa A or B after making the application for subclass 495, 487, or 489, you will also be eligible. On this note, you should also remember that your previous visa should not terminate before completing the application.
- The Australian government is very strict about the safety of public life. So, meeting health and character requirements is a must.
- While making the application, you should be present in Australia.
Apart from these fundamental requirements, there are some additional requirements too. These specifications are as follows.
- Debt requirement: You should not have outstanding debts to the government of Australia. Even if you have any debt, you should either repay them or at least arrange to clear them before starting with your application.
- No visa refusal: It is another vital point to note. If any of your previously applied visas had been refused or canceled by the Australian Department of Immigration, then you cannot apply for the Visa Subclass 887.
- Work requirements: As an applicant, you will always want your application to be successful. As this visa is a worker visa, you must know all the 887 Visa work requirements. You must have worked as a full-time employee for at least one year in a regional area for this visa. Alternatively, concurrent part-time work experience is also eligible for an application.
You Might Like – Here Are The Top 5 Reasons To Hire A Registered Migration Agent Adelaide
Subclass 887 Processing Time And Cost
The Visa Subclass 887 processing time varies according to the number of applications submitted at a given specific time. For 75% of applications, the processing time is 15 months.
On the other hand, 90% of applications take a little longer (16 months). Currently, the Home Affairs Department is assessing the visa applications submitted before September 2020. The current fee of visa application for the primary applicants is AUD 425.
Get Assistance With MARA Registered Immigration Agent
MARA stands for ‘Migration Agents Registration Authority.’ It provides registration to all the Australian migration professionals, and therefore we recommend hiring them whenever you need any help with the application. Most of these registration agents are experienced and have huge expertise in their fields. The Australian immigration system may be hard for you to understand. But with an experienced Migration Agent Adelaide, it can never be a barrier.