Who Are Eligible For The Graduate Visa 485?
People who can meet all the eligibility requirements of the temporary graduate visa 485 can apply for it. So, make sure you meet all the subsequent criteria to apply for the temporary graduate visa subclass 485 successfully.
Also Read: Know All About The 485 Visa Post Study Work Stream In A Nutshell
- You should obtain accreditation from the pertinent industrial body encompassing your qualifications and skills.
- The Department of Home Affairs wants you to possess sound health and a strait-laced moral character. To prove it, you must meet the health and character requirements offered by them unfailingly.
- You need to apply for your 485 visa within six months from the date of completion of your course. This is considered as the date on which your pertinent academic institution proclaimed that you are eligible to receive the qualification. It can be in the form of a trade qualification, diploma or that degree. However, you must not confuse this date with the date of any award conferral. Say, for instance, a ceremony held for all the fresh graduates, etc.
- The course which you’ve completed should have been instructed entirely in English. Besides, you shouldn’t have completed your course within a duration, which is less than sixteen months.
- You should have applied for a course comprising a duration of two years to the minimum and not less. This duration should again be equivalent to ninety-two weeks and not less.
- You should have passed the English language test successfully.
- You should be less than fifty years of age.
- You should hold certain qualifications so as to become eligible for the 485 visa subclass. It should be in the form of a higher academic degree if you are applying for the post-study workstream. Alternatively, you should qualify for an eligible occupation comprising the Australian skilled occupation list. You must meet the latter criterion if you are applying for the graduate work stream.
- You should have successfully obtained your pertinent qualification. It can be in the form of a doctorate, bachelor’s or that of a master’s degree. The course which you studied should again be registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Course for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- You should hold a substantial health cover to become eligible for the 485 visa subclass. You must beholder of this health cover until you stay in Australia with the 485 visa.
- You should be the holder of a substantial visa while the application of your 485 visa is being processed. It can be in the form of a Bridging Visa B or A or any other eligible visa.
- Last but not least, you should apply for the 485 visa as a student while holding a substantial student visa. It can be either a student visa Adelaide 574,573,572,570 or a student visa 500.
Note – that courses pertaining to English language proficiency are considered ineligible for meeting the academic criterion.
What Is The 485 Visa Processing Time?
The average processing time of the graduate visa 485 varies between one to four months. Certain factors like your respective country and chosen stream etc. will influence the processing time somewhat. It is good to know that the processing time for the graduate workstream is a bit slower than the post-study workstream. If you want your visa to get processed faster than ever, it is good to hold a substantial health care scheme.
Also Read: Complete Guide to Apply for Graduate Subclass 485 Visa Australia
How Are The Post-Study And Graduate Work Streams Different?
- Post-Study Work Stream: You can apply for this stream if your first student application was made after or on 5th November, 2011. Eligible overseas students who have graduated with a higher academic degree can apply for this visa stream. However, you should have obtained your degree from a valid Australian education provided irrespective of your sector of study.
- Graduate Work Stream: Overseas students holding eligible qualifications will be able to apply for this visa stream. You must have graduated with a set of relevant skills and qualifications. These skills and qualifications should comprise the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) of Australia.
Depending on your pertinent circumstances, you can apply for any of these streams of the 485 visa.
Can I Include My Family Members in the 485 visa application?
While you apply for the 485 visa Australia, you can include your eligible family members who are currently staying in Australia. Once your 485 visa gets approved, family members outside Australia can also apply along with you. However, to become eligible each of your family members should be holding a substantial health cover.
How Long Can I Stay In Australia With Temporary Graduate Visa 485?
Your stay duration depends on the qualification you hold and the stream you have applied for. If you have applied for the post-study work stream, then you can stay in Australia for between two to four years. However, if you have applied for the Graduate Work Stream, then you can stay in Australia for a period of eight months commencing from your visa approval date. In the case of the PSWS, the validity of your visa will differ if you hold any of the subsequent qualifications.
- If you hold a doctoral degree, then you can stay in Australia for four years
- If you hold a research-oriented post-graduate degree, then you can stay in Australia for three years and
- You can reside in Australia for two years if you hold an honors-based or conventional Bachelor’s degree.
You Might Like: Want to Study In Australia? Check Out the Different 485 Visa Streams That You Can Apply For
Note, if you hold Masters (Extended) or Masters by Coursework degree, then you can stay in Australia for two years as well.
Should I Be Employed While Applying For The 485 Visa?
No, according to the 485 visa eligibility, you don’t need to be employed for the 485 visa. This criterion applies to the 457 visa, which requires you to hold an employment offer letter from an Australian business organization. No minimum salary criteria also apply to the 485 visa.
Hire a Migration Agent in Adelaide!
Get premium immigration assistance from a Migration Agent Adelaide to apply for the 485 visa. Be rest assured that your visa consultant Adelaide will ensure an impeccable visa application for you.