International graduates of Australian universities who wish to get work experience and may apply for permanent residency in Australia should take advantage of the 485 graduate visa programme. Graduates are permitted to work either full- or part-time in Australia for up to 6 years with this visa. Also, it might provide access to other categories of permanent visas, such as subclass 189 or 190 skilled visas.
Read More:- Avoid 10 Points that Become Refusal Reasons for Your Graduate Visa 485
Streams of The Visa 485
Visa subclass 485 has the following streams:
- Stream Graduate Work
- Stream of Post-Study Work
- Second post-study work stream
- Replacement stream
Each stream you apply for will determine how long you can stay and how much the visa will cost.
Stream of Graduate Work
Graduates from international schools have credentials and expertise in fields relevant to those in demand in Australia. The visa holder is permitted to stay, work, and study in Australia for a set period. Spending more than 18 months in Australia is prohibited. The processing duration ranges from five to seventeen months. You may also bring your family members to Australia with this stream of the 485 visas.
International students who have just received a degree from an Australian institution are eligible for this stream of the 485 visas in Australia. It gives you the same temporary permission to reside, study, and work in Australia as the Graduate-Work stream does.
This visa allows for a two- to four-year stay in Australia. But that depends on your credentials. The processing of applications takes between 5 and 11 months. Also, your immediate family may stay with you under this stream of the 485 visas in Australia.
Second Post-Study Work Stream
An international student holding a Temporary Graduate visa may apply for this visa (Replacement stream or first Post-Study Work stream). You should also have earned a degree from a regionally located Australian university. You can stay in Australia for one to two years with this stream of 485 visas.
Those holding a Temporary Graduate visa may apply for this visa (Replacement stream or first Post-Study Work stream). You should also have earned a degree from a regionally located Australian university. You can stay in Australia for one to two years with this stream of 485 visas.
Privileges of Visa 485
- The scope of the holder’s employment, stay, and travel to and from Australia is unrestricted.
- The 485 visa holder may also apply to bring an eligible family member to Australia as dependent on their visa subclass 485.
- Under this visa, the candidate who has finished graduate-level coursework in Australia may stay for 18 months.
- Those with this visa who have completed a post-graduate level of education may stay for two to four years, depending on their category. They remain in Australia for the following amount of time:
- Bachelor’s, Bachelor’s with Honors, Master’s by Coursework, or Master’s degrees earned in two years (extended) Degree
- Master’s by Research: 3 years
- Four years for a doctorate
Read More:- Know All About The 485 Visa Australia Post Study Work Stream In A Nutshell
The Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) for Higher Education Students has undergone amendments announced by the Australian Government, which will result in a two-year extension of eligibility for graduates.
Graduates with specific Bachelor’s degrees or higher in fields where skills are scarce, as established by a working group, will be eligible for the extension. These adjustments have not yet been published in terms of their precise degrees or when they will take effect. Here are some additional points on PSW extensions for particular degrees:
- Extensions are possible for all PhD degrees, and the PSW programme will have a six-year extension.
- A certain Bachelor’s degree PSW is increased from two to four years.
- A Master’s degree of choice PSW is increased from three to five years.
- The Department of Education will distribute CRICOS course codes before implementation on July 1, 2023, and it is anticipated to include courses in nursing, allied health, teaching, veterinary medicine, engineering, and information technology.
- The increase is in addition to the regional PSW extension, so regional students are still eligible for an additional 1-2 years depending on where they attend campus. For example, if they choose to complete their Master’s degree on campus in the Northern Territory, they may be eligible for a 5+2 year PSW visa.
Conditions and Requirements to Comply with For a Visa Subclass 485
To be eligible for a visa subclass 485, you must fulfil the following conditions:
- The age requirement for this visa is that you must be under 50 at the time of application.
- When you apply for this visa, you must already have a valid visa, such as a student visa.
- You must have completed the two-year Australian study requirement within the last six months, which entails completing at least one course for a minimum of 92 weeks over two academic years.
- You must provide evidence that you can speak English at least competently, such as an IELTS (or comparable) exam score with at least six in each band.
- To enter Australia, you must have valid health insurance and adhere to the country’s moral and ethical standards.
Prerequisites, Particularly for the Graduate Work Stream
- Each degree, certificate, or trade qualification needed to satisfy the Australian study standards is directly related to your chosen skilled profession.
- You must show proof that your chosen profession is included on the Skilled Occupation Lists (SOL) and that an appropriate assessing authority has determined that your skills are relevant to your chosen field (i.e., a “suitable skills assessment”).
Prerequisites, Particularly for the Post-Study Work Stream
One or more of the following qualifications you must obtain in Australia
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably one with honours master’s degree by coursework, master’s degree (extended), master’s degree by research, and doctorate, for instance. No consideration will be given to PhD studies that result in a trade qualification or diploma-level certificate.
- You have completed a degree-level course or higher at an Australian university or non-university education provider listed on the Commonwealth Registry of Courses and Institutions for Overseas Students (CRICOS), and currently possess an appropriate qualification from that institution.
- Degree-level courses that combine with Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma courses may be taken into account as long as they otherwise satisfy the Australian study criteria.
Read More:- Complete Guide to Apply for Temporary Graduate Visa 485
Graduate Student Temporary Visa (Subclass 485): Required Documents
You must require the documents mentioned below to complete your 485 visa application:
- Scorecard for the English language competence test.
- Application form completed.
- Medical insurance papers.
- Documentation of identity.
- Certificate of birth.
- Photos (passport size).
- Medical records.
- A certificate of police clearance.
- Degree or course completion certificate.
Please take note that the list above is general. It would be best to speak with one of our Australia Immigration Advisers to obtain a complete list of the documents required to apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485).
Once your studies are complete, the Subclass 485 visa in Australia is a fantastic opportunity to extend your stay in Australia. Use this chance to increase your eligibility for Australian permanent residency.
There isn’t much room for error because you can only apply for this visa once in your lifetime. Students applying for their own 485 visas far too frequently overlook a crucial condition and miss out on the chance to participate in the 485 programmes.
Contact migration consultant Adelaide to understand the Temporary Graduate Visa requirement if you need assistance. They will walk you through every step of creating and submitting your visa application.