The Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa is granted to the skilled workers who want to seek permanent residence in Australia. Business owners can sponsor overseas skilled workers for full-time occupation under the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186). One can apply for Temporary Residence Transition Stream, Direct Entry Stream or Labour Agreement Visa Stream.
What are Subclass 186 Visa Conditions?
Applicants must meet the Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa Conditions.
- You are below 45 years of age at the time of application
- Have been nominated for a relevant occupation by an approved Australian employer
- Received approval of nomination within 6 months before lodgement of visa
- Possess required skills for the applied position including license or registration
What 186 visa Australia lets you do?
The Subclass 186 visa allows skilled workers to stay in Australia indefinitely. They can move to and from Australia for a span of 5 years after the visa has been granted. The visa holders can even sponsor their family members for permanent residence of Australia and apply for citizenship (depending on eligibility).
General Eligibility Criteria for Employer Sponsored Visa Subclass 186
The Applicants are eligible to apply for Employer Sponsored Visa Subclass 186 only when they have been nominated by the sponsoring business owner. The applicants should meet the meet the following requirements:
- Possess competent English skills
- Pass the character test. They must be clear of criminal records, immigration detention, and offensive convictions.
- Must possess the relevant skill for the nominated occupation.
- A valid documentation representing three years of work experience is compulsory.
What is 186 Visa Processing Time?
The 186 Visa processing time varies depending on the reason for application. For the Temporary Residence Transition Stream, it will take 12 to 13 months for the said visa to be processed. For someone applying the Direct Entry Stream, processing time is from 11 to 18 months. If you are obtaining the visa for the Labour Agreement Stream, processing time for this is 12 to 13 months. The Temporary Residence Transition Stream or TRT is applicable if you have already worked in Australia full-time, and you possess either the Visa Subclass 482 or the Visa Subclass 457. Or, if you fail to submit the requirements for the TRT stream, you can also send an application for the Direct Entry Stream as long as your is willing to sponsor you.
186 Visa Checklist
This document checklist is based on the Departments public instructions and should be fitted with your specific circumstances by a professional.
Recent passport showing biographical (photo) pages
- Birth certificate disclosing full birth details, including parents’ names
- Marriage, divorce or death certificate(s) as applicable
- Evidence of any legal name change
- Copy of official subclass 457 or 482 visa grant letter
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Updated resume/CV in Word format
- Work references for all durations of employment, written on company letterhead and signed/dated, with the contact details of the referee
- Police clearance certificates for ALL other countries in which you have lived for more than 12 months during the last 10 years (dated within the last 12 months)
For any query, please contact our best migration agent Adelaide team.
Share this information with your friends:
Frequently asked questions for Subclass 186 Visa
With Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 you can stay in Australia permanently.
The 186 Visa application cost AUD 3,755
The processing duration for Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa varies according to the stream:
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream: 12 to 13 months
- Direct Entry Stream: 11 to 18 months
- Labour Agreement Stream: 12 to 13 months
You can include your partner (married or de facto), child/step-child or child/step-child of your partner. Your visa application must include verification of their relationship with you.
Yes. You can apply for the ENS visa from in or out of Australia. However, if you reside in Australia at the time of lodgement, you must possess bridging visa A, B or C or substantive visa.
Yes, you need to inform about the changes in the set of conditions after you have filed an application. The changes could be birth, death, marriage, divorce, separation, new address or passport.
You can apply for the Temporary Residence Transition Stream (TRT) if you have worked fulltime in Australia and possess either of the following:
- Temporary Skill Shortage Subclass 482
- Temporary Work Visa Subclass 457
If you fall through the requirements of TRT stream, you can apply for the Direct Entry Stream provided your employer wants to sponsor you.
You can apply for the Labour Agreement Stream if your employer has engaged in a labour agreement with the Division that offers a pathway for permanent residence.