Immigration of Australia has introduced many visas for candidates who wish to get employed in Australia. If you have decided to migrate on Skilled Visa Australia than you must know that both temporary and permanent work visa categories are available to choose from. This visa is being developed to meet the needs of skill shortage, leverage business and global exposure of enterprises.
In order to get the occupation sponsorship, you must satisfy all the eligibility requirements such as skills, qualification, language competency and relevant work experience.
In general, one can apply for any of the Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa category if they have completed education from a certified educational institution to get work experience for one and half years in Australia.
You must be less 31 years of age and must have done engineering from a certified institution in recent two years to be eligible for this visa. You must also satisfy the health, character, and English Language requirements.
Skilled Visa Australia Categories:
Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 489 (Provisional)
Skilled Visa 489 is available for those individuals who have a study visa and want to stay back for work and for those who have been invited by their relatives or the state or territory governments to visit Australia. You can apply for this visa if:
- You possess skills in a relevant occupation
- If an eligible relative sponsor you
- Meet 60 points in the points table
- Have been living in Australia on either 475, 487, 495 or 496 visa (Extended Stay pathway)
- Must be less than 45 year of age when invited to apply for this visa
With this Visa 489 Australia one is allowed to work, and study in a specified regional area of Australia, up to four years, depending upon the extended pathway, invited pathway, or the subsequent entry pathway. You can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid and can apply for permanent residence, if eligible, through the Skilled-Regional Visa Subclass 887. This visa also entitles you to include your partner or your partner’s child or step-child in your application. Family members who are granted this visa have the same rights and can do the same things as you. However, you must meet the following criteria to obtain this visa:
- Health and character requirements
- Must not hold any outstanding debts towards Australian government
Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 (Sponsored)
The 190 visa Australia allows a skilled worker nominated by a territory government or Australian state to work and live in Australia as a permanent resident. An expression of interest or EOI is needed to submit through the Skill Select with the full details of your qualifications, skills, and nominated occupation to apply for this visa. You can apply for the Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 Visa if:
- You have a related occupation
- have the appropriate skills evaluation for the occupation
- meet the points test pass grade of 60 points
- be nominated by a territory government agency or the Australian state
- be below 45 years of age at the time of invitation
- have high English competency
- be invited by the Australian government to apply
With skilled 190 Visa one can stay, study and work in Australia indefinitely. This visa lets you travel in and out of the country any number of times for a duration of 5 years and sponsor your eligible family members for permanent residence in Australia. Australian health insurance policy (Medicare) also becomes available to you and later you can apply for an Australian citizenship, if you qualify. One must meet the following eligibility criteria to obtain this visa:
- You must have high competency in English
- You must meet the health requirement as stated by the Australian government
- You must have maintained good character
- You must have made repayment or arranged to repay, any outstanding balance of debts to the Australian government
Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
Points-tested skilled workers are allowed to stay and work in Australia indefinitely on Skilled Visa 189. Applicants who do not hold a sponsorship from family or employer may apply for this visa. You will be required to submit Expression of Interest to lodge an application for skilled visa and must have proper job and pass the skill test for the specified occupation. You can lodge a Skilled Visa application if you are:
- Proficient in English Language
- Below 45 years of age at the time of application
- Possess eligible skilled occupation
- Score minimum 65 pass marks in the Skilled Migration Points Test
- Skill Assessment for the nominated occupation by a recognized organization
- Be invited to apply for the skilled visa in Australia
The Subclass 189 Australia Visa lets the applicants to bring their family members to Australia and sponsor them for permanent residence. You can travel in and out Australia for five years with this visa and can even enroll yourself in Medicare (a health insurance plan) and avail healthcare services. In order to get this visa, grant you must meet the following criteria’s:
- Must meet eligible skilled occupation and other requirements to qualify to work in Australia.
- Represented by the score in an approved English language test
- Satisfy the character and health prerequisites
- Do not bear any on-going debts to the Australian government
Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa (subclass 476)
The Skilled Recognition Graduate Visa Subclass 476 facilitates engineering graduates from recognized institutions to get skilled work experience in Australia. This visa is classified as temporary. It offers open study rights and unlimited work permit to the applicants for a period of 18 months. The following people can get the skilled visa in Australia:
- Individuals below 31 years of age.
- Possess an engineering degree from an accredited institute in last 2 years.
- Those who haven’t possessed the Subclass 476 or Subclass 485 visa before.
Precisely speaking the Skilled Recognition Graduate Visa 476 allows individuals to work, study and travel in Australia for a year and half. This visa also allows the applicant’s family to stay in Australia for the same duration. During the stay of 18 months in Australia, the applicants can apply for the General Skilled Migration Visa.
Applicants are recommended to undertake further education and work with Australian organizations for refined experiences to make their profile strong. Apart from the above-said requirements, the applicants to ensure the successful grant of visa must fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Must satisfy the health requirements
- Have proficient English language skills
- Satisfy character and fitness conditions
- Must clear all the debts to Australian government (if any)
Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 887
If you have stayed and worked in a regional area of Australia and wish to stay in the country permanently, you can apply for a Skilled Regional Visa 887 to make this possible. You can get this Visa but you must:
- Be a holder subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487; or a Bridging visa A or B following your application for a subclass 489, 495 or 497 visas
- Have lived in a specific regional area in Australia for at least 2 years
- Have worked as a full-time employee in a specific regional area for at least 1 year
With Visa 887 Australia one can stay, study and work in Australia indefinitely. This visa also entitles you to Enroll in Medicare, a scheme for Australia’s health-related care, sponsor qualified relatives for permanent residence, Travel from and to Australia for 5 years and later Apply for a citizenship in Australia, if qualified. All you need is follow the directions accordingly and ensure that you qualify for the given eligibility criteria:
- You must currently hold a visa (as mentioned above)
- You must meet the health requirements
- You must meet the character requirements
- You must arrange to repay (if not yet paid) any outstanding balance to the Australian government
- You might not be qualified for this visa if you have had a cancelled or refused visa during your stay in Australia
Distinguished Talent Visa (Subclass 124)
Distinguished Talent Visa 124 is for the applicants who are outside of Australia and recognized as a talent or expert in their field, are active in the industry and can be sponsored by a university or organization to apply for this permanent visa in Australia. You can apply for this visa if you are able to prove that your settlement can be an asset to the whole Australian community.
If you are looking to apply for Australian citizenship, you can do so after you are granted a Subclass 124 Australia Visa. This visa type has many privileges, such as:
- You and your family can live permanently in Australia.
- You can work or study in the country.
- You can sponsor relatives for permanent residence.
- You can travel to and from Australia within 5 years, starting from date of visa issuance.
- You can apply for Medicare, the country’s healthcare scheme.
This visa is generally open to people who have distinguished talent and have proven recognition in a profession, a sport, the arts, or academia and research. You must also be able to secure a nomination from an eligible Australia / New Zealand resident, an Australia permanent resident, or a credible national organization. Other eligibility criteria are:
- Must have functional English language ability
- Must prove health based on health examinations that are valid for 12 months
- Must prove good character through police certificates from all countries resided in for 12 months or more
- Must not have outstanding debts to the Australian government
- Must be able to submit to biometrics program
Distinguished Talent Visa Subclass 858
If you are currently working as a professional in the field of Arts, academe or sports in Australia and wish to stay here permanently, you can do so with the Distinguished Talent Visa subclass 858. This Visa gives you the privilege of:
- staying indefinitely in Australia
- working and studying in Australia
- enrolling in Medicare, the health-related care and expenses scheme of Australia
- applying for Australian citizenship if qualified
- sponsoring qualified relatives for permanent residence
- traveling from and to Australia for five years from the date of grant of the visa (following this, you will have to obtain a resident return via, or another visa to go back to Australia)
- You will not be eligible for the Talent Visa if you are the holder of any of these visa types at the time of the application:
- Subclass 601 – Electronic Travel Authority
- Subclass 988 – Maritime Crew Visa
- Subclass 488 – Superyacht Crew Visa
- Subclass 400 – Temporary Work Visa
- Subclass 676 – Tourist Visa
- Subclass 651 – eVisitor
- Subclass 600 – Visitor visa
Share this information with your friends:
If you are planning to apply for Skilled Visa Australia or Student Visa in Adelaide, you can contact us. We have a huge team of highly talented and dedicated professionals who will assess your visa needs and provide you the best advice.
We will guide throughout the process which include submitting application, documentation and other requirements. We will keep you informed about your application status and will manage all your migration needs and ensure smooth processing of your visa file.