The Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme Subclass 187 Visa allows the business owners to recruit skilled workers to fill vacancies which could not be filled by the local labour market. Visa holders can bring their family to work and study in Australia and avail other benefits. If you want to get Visa Subclass 187 under Employer Sponsored Visa for Australia you have to follow the process of employer sponsorship.
Applicants of Subclass 187 can work in two streams: Direct Entry Stream and Temporary Residence Transition Stream
Apply for 187 visa subclass if:
- Be less than 45 years of age
- Nominated by an approved Australian sponsor for a position in regional Australia
- Qualify pre-requisites of the visa stream applied by you
- Possess the relevant skills and qualifications for the nominated position
What Visa subclass 187 lets you do in Australia
The holders of RSMS Visa Subclass 187 can live work and study indefinitely in Regional Australia (Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Norfolk Island, South Australia, Victoria, Tasmania, and Queensland). They can register for medicare, sponsor family and relatives for PR in Australia and can even for Australian Citizenship (based on eligibility)
Eligibility Criteria for RSMS Visa Subclass 187
You can be eligible to apply for RSMS Visa Subclass 187 if you meet the requirements mentioned below:
- You must get nominated by Australia-based sponsor along with the approval of nomination within six months of application. It is necessary to apply for the same stream for which you have been nominated by your employer else the application could be cancelled.
- Applicants of TRT and DE streams must have sufficient competency in English language. Different streams have different requirements for English language competency.
- Applicants must undergo health examinations to ensure they meet the minimum health standards. Health requirements depend on the visa stream you have applied for. A proof of adequate health insurance is obligatory for a stay in Australia.
- Applicants must possess a good code of conduct and satisfy the character requirements. You need to present a police clearance certificate from the country where you have stayed for a year or more after the age of 16.
- Must possess competent English language skills
- Must possess the minimum work experience requirement
What is 187 Visa Processing Time?
The 187 Visa processing time may vary depending on the purpose of the Application. For Temporary Residence Transition Stream, it takes 12 to 13 months for the visa processing time. For Direct Entry Stream, it will take 21 to 23 months to get the decision for the visa application. As for the Agreement Stream, the processing time is dependent on the number of applications for Visa 187. Other than the RSMS processing time, it is also important to know the cost when applying for the said visa. Subclass 187 costs around AUD 3,755. Additionally, it is essential to know that this visa type is a permanent visa. Therefore, you can indefinitely live in Australia with this visa.
Share this information with your friends:
The estimate cost of RSMS Subclass 187 is AUD 3,755
Subclass 187 Visa is a permanent visa hence you can live indefinitely in Australia on this visa.
The processing duration for different visa stream is as under:
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream: 12 to 13 months
- Direct Entry Stream: 21 to 23 months
- Agreement Stream: Unavailable (due to few number of applications)
Temporary Residence Transition Stream: Holders of Temporary Skilled Work Visa (Subclass 457) and TSS (Temporary Skill Shortage Subclass 482) can apply under TRT stream. The applicant must have worked for the employer for the nominated position.
Direct Entry Stream: If applicants fail to meet the conditions of TRT, then they can apply for the DE stream.
Note:The employer must sponsor the applicant for permanent residence.
The visa lodgement process has two steps:
- Nomination by Australian Sponsor
- Application for the nominated stream
Yes. You can include family members such as partner, children/step-children or children of their partners. Proper proof of relationship is mandatory.
You can apply for RSMS Visa from in or out of Australia.
Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.