Former & Returning Resident Visa

An applicant is allowed to live in Australia indefinitely with Former and Returning Resident Visa. There are two different streams of this visa — Former Resident and Return Resident.


Both the categories have different eligibility criteria and you must satisfy all the requirements for the visa type you wish to apply for. Fair evidence of health and character are essential to present for an applicant to apply for the visa.


The applicants must hold a substantive visa or have applied for it to get entitlement for Former Resident Visa application. And the Resident Return Visa is permanent Visa which lets an applicant to travel in and out of Australia as many times as they want for a period of five years. The permanent resident eligibility criteria for citizenship might be affected if you move out of Australia without a Resident Return Visa. Applicant must hold valid passport from an eligible country to apply for these visas.

Former and Returning Resident Visa Categories:
Former Resident Visa Subclass 151

You can apply for Former Resident Visa subclass 151 if have served in the Australian Defence force for minimum 3 months before 19 January 1981 or have stayed in Australia as a permanent resident for nine years before age of 18.


This permanent resident renewal visa allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely. You may also avail the travel facility which allows you to travel in and out of Australia for 5 years with effect from the date the visa is granted.


You are eligible to apply for Subclass 151 Visa if you are below 45 years of age, had good business, cultural and personal relationship during the overseas stay and fulfill basic health and character requirements.


For more information, please make an enquiry with one of our qualified and experienced Migration Consultant or call us (08) 7123 3466

Resident Return Visa Subclass 155 and 157

You can apply for Resident Return Visa Subclass 155 and 157 if you are present Australian permanent resident or former Australian citizen or Permanent resident.


This visa lets you live, work and study in Australia permanently. You can even register in Medicare, in and out of Australia any number of times as long as the travel facility is valid, for Australian citizenship based on eligibility and sponsor family members for permanent residence.


An individual is eligible for Resident Return Visa if they have a valid passport and fulfill the basic character requirements.


If you need professional assistance, call us (08) 7123 3466 or leave us a quick inquiry.

Share this information with your friends:

Have a Query? Send Us a Quick Inquiry
Our Registered Migration Agent will get in touch with you shortly.

How we can help you with Visa process?


Migration agent Adelaide comprises qualified consultants who guide you properly with your visa and immigration needs and requirements. Our agents are committed to deliver the reliable services and make the entire process simple and hassle-free for you. From Temporary Work Visa to former and returning resident visa, we offer assistance with distinct visa categories. We always keep our self-updated with the changing rules and regulations of the immigration in order to minimize your efforts. We also provide guidance for document collection and handle your application with supreme integrity. We complete all the formalities within the specified time-limit to fulfill your expectations.


Get in touch with us if you are seeking professional guidance with your visa application. You may give us a call or drop us an email and one of our consultants will get back to you.

Migration Agent Adelaide

See All Reviews
Enquire Now
Fb Chat