If you are an international student in Australia who have recently completed a course from an Australian Institute (at least 2 years of course) and wish to study further than you can apply for Visa 485. This visa intends to give you an extended stay in Australia post completion of your studies to work or study further. This improves your chance to be eligible for skilled or permanent resident visa.
Study visa 485 can be availed for minimum 18 months to maximum 4 years depending on an individual’s circumstances and eligibility. Further this Visa has two streams:
- Post-study work stream (two to four years)
- Graduate work stream (18 months)
What are 485 Visa Australia Conditions?
You could apply for Graduate Visa 485 if:
- You are under 50 years of age
- You must have an eligible visa
- You have recently completed your education from a CRICOS-registered institute in Australia
- Qualification must be relevant to a job on the list that is considered as skilled occupation or Graduate Work stream, or, must have obtained the Post-Study Work stream
What Subclass 485 Visa lets you do in Australia?
The Subclass 485 live, study and work for unlimited hours in Australia and comes with an attached travel facility for any number of times. This visa intends to let the international students gain work experience in Australia post studies for better permanent residence chances. With this Visa 485 one can stay in the country for a specific period of time:
- One can stay for 18 months with this visa for the graduate work stream and;
- For the Post-Study Work stream, one can stay for 2 to 4 years more if she/he has the visa.
Eligibility Criteria for 485 graduate visa
To be eligible to apply for this Temporary Graduate Visa 485 you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria’s:
- You must have completed at least 2 years of education in Australia
- You must fulfill character and health requirements
- You must enroll in Australian Health Insurance policy
- Any family member included in the application must also fulfill the health and character requirements
Share this information with your friends:
- This visa costs AUD1,535.
- For the Graduate Work stream, application process takes 4-5 months.
- For the Post-Study Work stream, application process takes 85 days to 4 months days.
Employer sponsorship is not required to obtain 485 visa. However, you are responsible for securing your own employment if you wish to work while in Australia on this visa.
In case you apply for the graduate work stream you have to get a positive skill assessment. There are 485 Visa skill assessments for IT professionals, teachers, engineers, nurses and tradesmen. We work along with you to ensure that you meet the requirements.
The temporary graduate or the Subclass 485 Visa applicants need to sit for an English IELTS or equivalent test. In case you do an IELTS test, you can score an average of 6.0 with 5.0 in each band.