If you want to pursue your education in Australia as an international student you can apply for Student Visa Subclass 500. With this visa you hold the right to enroll in a full-time course at an accredited Australian institution. The visa also entitles you to reside in Australia until the course finishes or up to five years. You also get freedom to work for around 20 hours weekly. The Subclass 500 Visa lets the guardians (eligible members) to stay with the international student in Australia by applying for the Student Guardian visa (subclass 590).
Subclass 500 Student Visa Conditions
A lot of students are aspiring to study in Australia. Are you one of them? It is very possible! With an Australian Student Visa, specifically Visa Subclass 500 you can stay lawfully in Australia and finish your studies here.
You can apply for Australian Student Visa if:
- Your enrollment application for full-time studies is accepted by the Australian education institution
- You have made suitable arrangements for stay in Australia if under 18 years of age
Student Visa Subclass 500 allows you study for a CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students) registered full-time course in Australia. Also, eligible family members are free to join you in Australia. Anyone with a valid student visa in Australia can work for up to 40 hours per fortnight while the course is underway and unlimited number of hours during designated course breaks. If you are pursuing a master’s degree in research or doctoral degree, you wouldn’t have any work restrictions.
Eligibility criteria for Student Visa 500
The Student Visa 500 under Australian Student Visa has certain pre-requisites including:
- The applicant of this visa must me at least 6 years old
- You must have received a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from a CRICOS registered education provider in Australia.
- You must get the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which is responsible to care for all your medical solutions while you stay in Australia.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) is another critical aspect you must scale through to secure a student visa in Australia.
- Depending on the country you originate from, you must prove a certain proficiency in the English language by securing a satisfactory test score in any approved English language test such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.
- You must satisfy a minimum financial requirement (not necessary for a few nationalities) that covers all the costs necessary for studying in Australia.
You must meet certain health requirements by undergoing a health examination from a registered health practitioner (if applicable).
Share this information with your friends:
OTHER STUDENT SERVICES WE CAN HELP YOU WITH
At Adelaide Migration Agent, we are one stop solution for all kind of student services. Right from admission to student visa assistance, career counselling, enrollment assistance, visa extension, health insurance, professional internship and pre-departure counselling, our counsellors offer you the extensive professional and personal guidance with every aspect of the foreign education.
- Admission: we take care of all admission process and help you secure admission in your dream college or university.
- Student visa assistance: We will assist you with the entire visa (subclass 500) procedure and will provide you the tips to acquire the visa successfully.
- Career Counselling: We recommend you to choose a course which is in demand and is a part of skilled occupation list, if you are looking for permanent residency in Australia.
- Enrollment assistance: We deal with CRICOS registered universities and colleges and our counsellors assist you with your application for Australian institution by understanding your professional aim.
- Visa Extension: We help you obtain a further CoE if you need extra time to complete your primary course as you were unable to finish it before the visa expiry.
- Health Insurance: We assist you with the most appropriate health cover according to your personal needs while in Australia.
- Professional internship: Post studies our internship program helps you obtain the required local work experience.
- Pre-departure counselling: will provide you complete information to support a smooth transition from home country to overseas.
Moreover, our qualified team of agents assist you with document preparation such as a valid passport, GTE, CoE et. Get in touch with us if you wish to get professional help with your visa file.
This visa permits you to stay and study in Australia to pursue a full-time course in a recognized educational institution.
The language test remains valid for 2 years and you must apply for the Student Visa within the time frame.
This visa allows you to stay in Australia for the duration of your studies, for up to 5 years. Generally, the visa of any international student is approved for the duration of their studies in addition to 2 months or so. However, the Research students that have applied for PhD or those that are pursuing Masters will receive an additional 6 months.
It starts from AUD 575 onwards.
In Australia, while on Student Visa one needs to remember some key aspects, such as it is important to maintain your enrolment in an approved course, by maintaining your study requirements. It is important for you to know that you will not be allowed to swap for a lower course in Australia. However, if you are planning to swap for a higher-level course, then you may. Also, one must comply with the conditions mentioned on the student visa grant about working hours.