The Skilled Independent Visa 189 is a permanent resident visa which allows the individuals to stay in Australia indefinitely.
The individuals who are not sponsored by family, employer or the state government can apply for the Visa Subclass 189 and can work permanently anywhere in Australia. For this visa the applicants need to fill the EOI (Expression of Interest) form to apply for skilled visa in Australia.
Citizens from New Zealand must apply for the Skilled Independent Visa 189 under New Zealand Visa Stream.
Skilled Independent Visa 189 conditions
You can apply for skilled migration 189 if:
You meet the following basic requirements of the Visa Subclass 189 visa as set by the immigration authority of Australia:
- You must be proficient in English Language
- Be less than 45 years of age at the time of application
- Must possess eligible skilled occupation
- Score minimum 65 points in the Skilled Migration Points Test
- Fulfill the character and health prerequisites
- Do not bear any on-going debts to the Australian government
- Skill Assessment for the nominated occupation by a recognized organization
- Be invited to apply for the skilled visa in Australia
What this visa Subclass 189 lets you do in Australia?
The Skilled IndependentVisa Subclass 189 under Skilled Visa Australia allows the applicants to live, work and study in Australia permanently. You can enroll yourself in Medicare (a health insurance plan) and avail healthcare services. It allows the applicants to bring eligible family members to Australia.
After the grant of the 189 skilled visa applicants can travel in and out of Australia for five years. On completion of five years, they will require the Resident Return Visa (RRV) to move to Australia or they can apply for Australian citizenship if eligible.
Eligibility criteria for 189 Visa Australia:
Aside from the requirements mentioned earlier the applicants of 189 Visa Australia must also satisfy the following requirements:
- You must be nominated and invited by the state or territory government to apply for the skilled visa in Australia.
- You must meet eligible skilled occupation and other requirements to qualify for work in Australia.
- You must secure minimum of 65-point score for invitation letter which is mandatory to lodge a visa application.
- English competency (represented by the score in an approved English language test)
Share this information with your friends:
The application cost of Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 is AUD 3,755.
The 189 visa processing time is between 8 to 10 months.
The Skilled 189 visa lasts forever starting from the date it is granted.
An expression of Interest (EOI) provides information about why applicants need this visa to rank them against other aspiring candidates. You can submit EOI free of cost from anywhere. Once submitted, EOIs are valid for two years.
- Check your eligibility for skilled occupation if you have 60 points.
- Enter relevant information such as qualification, skills and proposed occupation in the EOI form.
- Hold-up till you get invitation for the visa (if you rank high).
- Collect all the documents.
- You must apply for the visa within 60 days after you have been invited.
- The visa will be processed soon.
You can apply for the Skilled Independent Visa from in or outside of Australia.
The invitation for visa application can be received within time interval of two years after the submission of EOI. It is mandatory to apply for the visa within 60 days.
If two years elapse after you have submitted your EOI, you will be notified of the expiration of your EOI. You can submit a fresh EOI if you are still seeking the visa.