The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 allows the employers to bring overseas workers to Australia when they fail to employ a skilled Australian worker. Basically, the temporary work visa helps address labour shortage. The holders of this visa are allowed to work in their relevant occupation under three streams—Short-Term Stream, Medium-Term Stream and Labour-Agreement Stream.
Who can Apply Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 Visa Australia?
The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 is obtainable if:
- You are nominated by an approved Australian business for occupation
- Fulfill the qualification and skills required for the nominated position.
- Fulfill the requirements of the applied stream
What TSS 482 Visa lets you do in Australia?
The TSS 482 Visa enables the workers to live and work in Australia for till their visa remains valid. The Candidates can also include their family members in their visa application and can also travel in and out of Australia from the date visa is been granted.
What is Eligibility Criteria For Visa Subclass 482?
An individual can be eligible to apply for Visa Subclass 482 under Employer Sponsored Visa if they fulfill the following conditions of this visa:
- The proposed sponsor (an approved sponsor) is ready to file an application for you.
- You demonstrate proficiency in the English Language. You must be able to read, write and understand sufficient English.
- Show evidence of relevant skills for the nominated position. Documents may include a resume, qualification certificates, employment references and license proof.
- Meet the minimum standards of health and demonstrate evidence of appropriate health insurance.
- Satisfy the general code of conduct to represent a good character.
482 Visa Checklist
The 482 visa checklist for the documents required to be attached with the application is as follows:
- Recommendation by benefactor
- Identity proof
- Skill Evaluation Report
- Results of English Language Test
- coloured photographs of passport size
- Documents proving your educational qualification
- Documents to fulfil Australian study requirement
- Documents about your relationship status
- Character certificate issued by police
- Documents related to health insurance
The documents must be submitted in English or their translated versions should be attached with them.
If you have any confusion, you can contact our Migration Agent Adelaide team.
482 Visa Processing Time
|STREAM||75 PERCENT OF APPLICATIONS PROCESSED||90 PERCENT OF APPLICATIONS PROCESSED|
|Short-term stream||50 days||67 days|
|Medium-term stream||48 days||57 days|
|Labour Agreement stream||32 days||54 days|
|Sponsorship||48 days||53 days|
|Nomination||49 days||54 days|
For any query, please contact our best migration agent Adelaide team.
Share this information with your friends:
The cost to apply for Temporary Work Visa in Australia for short-term stream is AUD 1,175. The cost for medium-term and labour agreement is AUD 2400. The applicant may bear other costs such as police certificate and health examination.
There is no age limit to apply for the temporary visa.
The applicants can stay for 1 to 4 years in Australia based on visa stream and nominated occupation. The duration is mentioned in the visa grant notification.
- Short-term Stream: 11 to 18 days
- Medium-Term Streams: 11 to 17 days
The process involves three steps:
- Sponsorship application by the proposed sponsor
- The employer files a nomination application for skilled occupation for the worker
- Filing a visa application by the candidate
You can include family members such as children, partners/spouses when lodging TSS visa application. Your family members can work unlimited and avail study opportunities. Adequate evidence of relationship is mandatory.
Applicants can apply for temporary skilled shortage visa both from inside and outside Australia.
Exception: Applicants cannot apply for short-term TSS if
- They stayed in Australia at the time when the latest TSS visa application was filed.
- They have had TSS short-term stream visa more than once.
Documents about identity, English Language competency, occupation, skills, health, a testimony of family members and character certificates are required.
Make an online request to apply for this visa. Get the TRN (Transaction Reference Number) from your sponsoring employer. Enter relevant details and pay the application fee.
Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Temporary Skill shortage visa subclass 482 requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.