The international students who already have an Australian student visa and wish to stay back can apply for Skilled Skilled Visa 489. This visa is also applicable to the individuals who have been invited by their relatives or the state or territory government of Australia. This visa is developed for the skilled applicants in a relevant occupation to migrate and live in Australia.
489 Skilled Visa Conditions Australia
You can apply for Skilled Visa 489 if:
You have been nominated by a state or territory government agency. You can follow the invited pathway even if an eligible relative sponsors you. Other than that, if you have a recognized occupation and fulfill the following requirements you may apply for this visa:
- Possess 65 points on the points test
- Have an adequate English language proficiency
- Be invited by an Australian government agency or be invited by an eligible relative (Invited pathway)
- Hold a suitable skill assessment for your area of work
- Below 45 years of age at the time of invitation
What this Visa Subclass 489 lets you do in Australia?
The Skilled Regional Provisional Visa Subclass 489 let you work full-time and study in a specified regional area of Australia for up to four years. You can travel to and from Australia multiple times while the visa is valid. Later if eligible, you can apply for permanent residence, through the Skilled-Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887).
You can include your partner and you or your partner’s child or step-child in your application.
Family members who are granted the visa have the same rights and can do the same things as you.
Eligibility Criteria for 489 sponsored visa
Following are the additional points for an applicant to keep in mind for the Skilled Visa 489:
- You must fulfill all the aspects of subsequent health requirements.
- You must surpass set character requirements
- You must repay your debts, if any towards Australian government
You may not be eligible if you have a visa rejection previously while you were in Australia.
Share this information with your friends:
It normally takes AUD 3,755 and up to 10 months for the visa to come through.
- You are eligible to apply for a permanent visa if you have resided in a regional location of Australia for 2 years.
- You also have to have employment for 12 months in any regional area of Australia.
- You can also be self-employed for a period of 12 months in any regional state of Australia.
There is a 3 point visa application process for this visa:
Firstly, the Department of Home Affairs has to judge you on your skill set and define the area you can work in.
Once you have been approved, you have to make an application of interest through their Skill Select option.
The final step will involve you applying finally after the state sends you an Invitation to Apply. This is the last step after which you will have to wait for the visa to be granted to you.
Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.