Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm
Are you planning to live, study as well as work in Australia? If yes, then the 491 Regional Visa must be your ultimate choice. With this visa, you can stay in Australia continuously for 5 years. Until recently, the 491 visa subclass has effectively replaced the 489 visa. Not only this, with this visa, you can also travel to and from Australia as many times as you want during your entire stay in the nation. You can also apply for a permanent residency with the 491 regional visa by applying for the visa subclass 191 with effect from the 16th of November, 2022.
There are certain conditions that you need to meet for visa subclass 491. Some of these conditions can be considered as follows:
• You must be under 45 years of age
• You must prove a reasonable competency in the English language
• You must have met all the health and character requirements in the proper and expected way
• You must be nominated for a valid occupation comprising the Skilled Occupation List.
• You must also be nominated by a particular state/territory in Australia or must be nominated by any of your family members residing in Australia
• You must score at least 65 points to apply for the 491 visa effectively.
When it comes to getting a visa extension, you cannot extend your stay in Australia with the 491 visa. However, you can continue staying in Australia by applying for a new visa once more.
To apply for the 491 visa effectively, you need to be invited by a particular Australian state/territory. For this, you also need to submit an Expression of Interest to your concerned SkillSelect. Besides, if any of your relatives is going to select you, never forget to mention that in your Expression of Interest. On the other end, if you want any of the state or territory to nominate you, then do not forget to mention that as well.
While you are applying for the visa 491, you can be inside or outside Australia. On the contrary, you cannot be in your visa immigration clearance while applying for the same. This particular condition is applicable, even while your visa is getting processed by your concerned immigration authority. However, if you are applying while being in Australia, you must be the holder of any of the visa categories like the 010 Bridging A Visa, 020 Bridging B Visa, 030 Bridging C Visa, or else your 491 visa will no longer remain valid.
As a matter of fact, you can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want during the entire period of 5 years. After your visa will expire, you cannot travel to and from Australia and you need to apply for a new visa separately to continue enjoying this particular facility.
You Cannot Apply for Other Visas
Unless and until your 491 visa gets granted, you cannot apply for any other visa some of which include 124, 132 and 188 visas, which are basically business visas, the 189 and 190 employer-sponsored PR visas as well as the onshore partner visa (820). The primary motive for designing the 491 Australian visa is to replenish the dearth of skilled workers in regional Australia.
You can apply for the 491 visa only if you have been invited to apply for the same by an Australian state/territory. As already told above, that if you want to get invited, you need to submit an Expression of Interest that shows your eagerness to live, study and work in Australia via this particular visa.
Well, when it comes to the processing time of the 491 visa, it varies to a reasonable extent. Some of the reasons that contribute to this variation in the processing time durations can be considered as follows:
• The application which you have submitted includes all the necessary documents or not
• The application which you have submitted includes all the essential documents or not
• The time is taken to check the information provided on the supporting documents
• The time taken by you respond to any request for additional documents or information.
• The application submitted you contain all your personal details or not.
There are two individual categories comprising the 491 visa which can be considered as follows:
• Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa-Main Applicant: This particular visa is meant for the main applicant and allows him/her to stay, study and work in Australia for the next 5 years
• Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa- Subsequent Entrant: This particular visa is meant for all the family members of the main applicant who want to accompany him/her during his/her entire journey in Australia.
You Might Like: Australia To Settle More Regional Migration Intake
When it comes to the cost of the Australian visa 491, it costs AUD$4,045 at the most and not more than that. Besides, the amount remains unchanged when it comes to applying for the same by each of the family members of the applicant. For this, you can use the tool of the ‘Visa Pricing Estimator’ which will help you to assess the price of your 491 visa effectively.
If you are also looking forward to applying for the 491 visa very soon, then contact the best Migration Consultant Adelaide right now. Your concerned migration agent will help you at every step to ensure a smooth and hassle-free visa application procedure for you. The best migration agent Adelaide will first of all asses your current circumstances. Based upon that, he/she will suggest a suitable visa category for you, in this case, the 491 regional visa. So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with the best Migration Agent Adelaide today, and apply for the 491 visa within the fastest period of time.
(Please fill the details below)